Animal Services Home
Every dog living in Richmond Hill needs their owner to purchase an annual licence for them. Tags are easy to get, cost effective and provide a number of benefits for both pet owners and the community.
Get Yours Today!
Benefits of Licensing
Licensing is an important part of being a responsible pet owner in Richmond Hill
Licensing provides your dog with a ‘free-ride home’ should they get lost, saving you the cost of impound fees and reducing the stress your dog may experience
Licensing and up-to-date vaccinations go hand-in-hand, building a safer community for all residents
Licensing fees are used to support Animal Services initiatives including education and awareness
Licences also get you and your dog into the two great off leash dog areas in Richmond Hill!
What do I need to get a licence?
1. The owner’s contact information (name, address, phone number)
2. The dog’s information (name, breed, colour, sex, age)
3. Documentation that the dog has been spayed or neutered (if applicable)
4. Date of last valid rabies vaccination
Where do I purchase a licence?
Richmond Hill residents can purchase dog licences at the following locations:
Richmond Hill Municipal Offices - 225 East Beaver Creek Road, 3rd floor
OSPCA - 16586 Woodbine Avenue, Newmarket
Pet Stores and Animal Clinics:
- Bayview Hill Community Centre - 114 Spadina Road
- Centennial Pool - 161 Newkirk Road
- Elgin West Community Centre - 11099 Bathurst Street
- Langstaff Community Centre - 155 Red Maple Road
- M.L. McConaghy Seniors’ Centre - 10100 Yonge Street
- Oak Ridges Community Centre - 12895 Bayview Avenue
- Richmond Green Sports Centre - 1300 Elgin Mills Road E.
- Richvale Community Centre - 160 Avenue Road
- Rouge Woods Community Centre - 110 Shirley Drive
- The Wave Pool - 5 Hopkins Street
- Canyon Hill Animal Hospital - 11000 Yonge Street
- Don Head Village Animal Clinic - 737 Carrville Road
- Global Pet Foods - 1070 Major Mackenzie Drive, Unit 109
- Global Pet Foods - 126 Tower Hill Road
- Pet Chateau - 11491 Leslie Street
- Pet Valu - 9325 Yonge Street
- Pet Valu - 10850 Yonge Street
- Tower Hill-Bathurst Animal Hospital - 372 Tower Hill Road, Unit 10
- Tru Pet - 10520 Yonge Street
For a map of licence sales locations, visit RHMaps and choose Dog Licence Locations from the drop-down menu.
*Printable applications can also be accessed here, completed and mailed to the Municipal Offices
What are the current licence fees?
Source: Tariff of Fees By-law as amended
|2016 Dog Licence Fees
||Rate for Each Dog
||Reduced fee for Seniors
|Not Spayed or Neutered
|Puppies (Under 6 months)
*Dog licences are valid from January 1 to December 31 each year.
If you purchased a tag in the current calendar year and it has gone missing from your dog’s collar, you are eligible to purchase a replacement tag. Replacement tags cost $5.00 and can only be purchased at the Municipal Offices located at 225 East Beaver Creek Road or by mailing in the printable dog licence application found above. If possible, attach or bring with you the white receipt from the original tag purchase.